Santa Maria delle Grazie
The medieval Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie is quite particular: with no façade, the entrance is curiously situated on the right side of the building, at the centre of three broad arches made of trachyte and limestone. Inside it has a single nave with neoclassical style high altar in the apse holding an Ecce Homo between two niches with statues of saints. The church is enriched with minor altars in wood in the Baroque style, as is the pulpit, and an antique statue of St. Francis situated in the chancel. The chapel with cross vault and sculpted capitals holds the famous 14th-century crucifix Cristo Nero (Black Christ). The Cristo Nero is one of the oldest crucifixes in Sardinia, dating back to 1300, and is called Lu Cristu Nieddu due to the colour that the juniper wood has assumed over time. It was considered to be miraculous and was carried in procession whenever the town was struck by calamities. The church was a cathedral in the early 1500s, but when it lost the title it became the seat of the oratory of the Confraternity of Santa Croce, which maintains the tradition of Lunissanti, a well-known traditional feast of the town. The Lunissanti procession, in fact, begins at Santa Maria delle Grazie, following the mass celebrated at the altar of the Cristo Nero.